Dear Lambrick Park Families:
Welcome all of our staff, students and families to the 2021-2022 School Year. Also a very special welcome to those of you who are new to Lambrick Park. You are joining a wonderful school community and we are really looking forward to having you as part of it.
Last week, the Ministry of Education and Health provided updated health and safety guidelines for the upcoming school year. We are continuing to work through the documents and details with our district. Unfortunately, we do not have all the answers at this time, but we will work to ensure that we follow all health and safety guidelines as student/staff safety is our main priority.
For the start of the school year, the following will be the same:
- All staff, students and visitors will be required to wear a mask when indoors. This includes when at their desk.
- Daily Health Checks are to be completed each day by all staff, students and visitors.
- Anyone who does not feel well is asked not to come to school.
- Hand hygiene is to be practiced regularly
Different from Last Year for families to know:
- Students will be at school full time every day (no cohorts or learning groups)
- School athletics and extracurricular activities will be allowed to return, provided we follow relevant Public Health Orders and Guidelines. (More details to follow as we learn more)
- We return to a semester system , not a quarter system like we had last year.
- Physical distancing (2 meter/6 feet) will not be required, but we will be encouraged and where possible, learning/classes may occur outdoors.
**It will be very important that everyone remember to bring and wear a mask to school to start the year off. Masks will be available for purchase at the front office for those that forget to bring one from home.**
For more details on the back to school plan, please visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021EDUC0058-001663
School administration and staff are working on ensuring student timetables are complete and have the required courses they need. New students and grade 9s can come and pick up their schedule and tour the school on Thursday, September 2nd 9:30 to 11:30 or Friday, September 3rd 11:00am to 1:00pm.
Copies of student schedules will be handed out on the first day of school for any student who has not picked up their timetable previously.
First Day of School (Tuesday September 7th)
A reminder that on the first day of school students will attend at the following times. Students will start in their A Block Class
Grade 9s ONLY – 9:00 to 10:15am
Grade 10 to 12 – 10:30 am to 11:30 am
How do students know their A block class/room #:
We will post lists alphabetically by last name in a few locations around the school.
Students should check these lists to make sure they know where to go on DAY 1. The lists will go up on Thursday September 2nd at 9:00 and will remain up until noon on the 7th.
During the first day, students will receive:
- A copy of their updated timetable/schedule
- Important safety information around COVID (based on Public Health Orders)
- School Forms
- Extracurricular opportunities
- Locker information
Course Change Requests:
Should a student wish to explore a change to their timetable, they should contact the office to set up an appointment with a staff member. Please note that we will be prioritizing requests that:
- affect Semester 1 courses
- incomplete timetables
- Graduation Requirements
Students not returning
If your child will not be attending Lambrick Park this coming year and you have not yet let the office know can you please contact the school at 250-477-0181 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Back to School Plan for the 2021-22 School Year
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation – All Schools Closed on September 30, 2021
Please enjoy the remainder of your summer, perhaps start adjusting sleep and wake-up patterns to our school schedule starting now to make the return to school easier and more enjoyable.
Please see below the attached two letters from Interim Superintendent of Schools Ms. Deb Whitten
We are very much looking forward to the return of students and staff for a great year.