It was great to have students back at school these past few days. The energy in the building was great and staff were happy to reconnect with students.
The information in homeroom was a lot for students to take in. It is suggested that you check in with your child to see what they were able to understand and absorb around COVID safety and the new Quarter system. Here is a link to the presentation we gave students in homeroom outlining start up.
Classes start on Monday with ALL students arriving for their A block classes
starting at either 8:45 or 9:00 depending on their class start time
**see the staggered start document in the homeroom orientation slide show**
and students with last names A-L staying for C block
Another part of Homeroom was a number of forms that need to be completed and returned to A block teachers. Please take some time this weekend to review and complete those forms.
Next week will look a little different for everyone, with staggered start times, and lunches, as well as having some students not in classes during some afternoons. We are asking for your help in reiterating that we need students to:
- Enter the school using the applicable entrance for that class
- Observe Directional Arrows while in the building
- Leave the school when they are not in classes (lunch time and after classes)
- Maintain and observe physical distancing
- Wear a mask in common areas (hallways, etc.) Each student was provided with 2 reusable masks in Homeroom.
- Remain quiet when entering and exiting the building (so that they are not disturbing the classes that are in session)
We are confident that after a week or so with the “new system” students will get into a rhythm and settle in.
As mentioned previously, course changes are limited at this time due to many of the constraints and challenges the quarter system brings. It is important that students attend the classes they ae scheduled in so that we can find them if we are able to accommodate any requests they have made.
Here is the link to the District’s Welcome Back Snapshot
ZOOM PARENT MEETING INVITATION
Time: Sep 16, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting