Policy in full
In order to meet graduation requirements and be awarded a British Columbia Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma), students must earn a minimum of 80 credits. (See notes below for information concerning adult students, international students, and students unable to meet graduation requirements.) These must include 48 credits for required courses, a minimum of 28 elective credits, and 4 credits for Graduation Transitions.
Credits must be earned in the following subject areas or courses:
- a Language Arts 10 (4 credits)
- a Language Arts 11 (4 credits)
- a Language Arts 12 (4 credits)
- a Social Studies 10 (4 credits)
- a Social Studies 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- a Mathematics 10 (4 credits)
- a Mathematics 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- a Science 10 (4 credits)
- a Science 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- Physical Education 10 (4 credits)
- a Fine Arts and/or an Applied Skills 10, 11, or 12 (4 credits)
- Planning 10 (4 credits)
A list of all courses that may be used to satisfy these requirements is found in the online Course Registry. Information about options for satisfying the requirements for Fine Arts and/or Applied Skills (4 credits) is found in the Fine Arts and Applied Skills Requirements in the Graduation Program Policy and in the Handbook of Procedures for the Graduation Program.
Students must complete a minimum of 28 elective credits. These 28 credits may be from Ministry-authorized or Board/Authority Authorized (BAA) courses, post-secondary courses orexternal credentials, but not Locally Developed courses. Once the credits for required courses have been met, additional courses in that subject area count as elective credits.
Students must earn 4 credits for Graduation Transitions. The standards for evaluating students, and guidelines for reporting, are contained in the Program Guide for Graduation Transitions (PDF).
Other requirements and options for earning credits
Students must complete a minimum of 16 credits at the Grade 12 level, 12 credits in addition to a required Language Arts 12 course. These twelve Grade 12 credits may be for required courses, electives, Independent Directed Study, External Credentials, or dual credit post-secondary courses (see the Earning Credit through Equivalency, Challenge, External Credentials, Post-Secondary Credit and Independent Directed Studies Policy for additional information).
Grad 2018 Dates:
Date: Friday, June 8, 2018
All students participating in the ceremony must attend the rehearsal at UVic Auditorium from 8:30am to 1:00pm. NO EXCEPTIONS
All grads must arrive at UVIC auditorium by 5:45 to assemble for a class photo.
University Centre Farquhar Auditorium
3800 Finnerty Road
Victoria BC V8P 5C2
Tickets: Tickets are available through UVic Ticket Centre (All tickets are $7.50 each)
To reserve tickets and book specific seat numbers, contact the UVic Ticket Centre: Tickets will be available through UVic Ticket Centre (http://tickets.uvic.ca)
Final day for online ticket sales is May 12th.
For additional information, including step-by-step instructions, please refer to our Ticket Purchasing Guide: Lambrick Grad Ticket Info 2017
Best Color Video Order Form: E_Order_Form_LH_2018
Ticket Limit: We have 140 graduating students and 978 seats at UVic Auditorium. That works out to a ticket allotment of 6 tickets per grad.
- Additional tickets will be made available after an initial sale period (TBA) (The number of extra tickets per student will be determined based on sales to this point)
- Over the phone only: 9:00 – 9:30am
- In person or over the phone: 9:30am onwards during regular business hours
The following Hyperlinks will be active in March 2018:
- >>>Grad Checklist<<< Click here to view a list of all grad related dates and information
- >>>Grad Ceremony Intention Form<<< Click to let us know whether or not you plan to attend the grad ceremony on June 9th.
- >>>Grad Ceremony Write-Ups<< Click to access information and submit a write up to be read as you cross the stage at the ceremony. You will only need to complete this if you intend on participating in the ceremony.
Date: Tuesday, June 26th
Inn at Laurel Point
680 Montreal Street
Tickets: $90 Available for purchase May 1st to June 5th
Guests: Guest Forms will be available through the office starting on May 1st and are due back on May 18th
Grad Photos: November 28 to December 4th. Sign up for a seating in the office.
Grad Winter Formal
Location: The Beach House: http://www.beachhousevictoria.com/
Date: Wednesday, December 20th
- Must be in good standing to attend!
- Guest forms available today: Due Back by December 11 for approval
- Payments can be made via the online payment method on the school website. $60.00
- You can sign up in the office for a table with your friends starting on Monday, December 12th after everyone in your group has paid.
- Cost: $60
- This amount covers the cost of the rental of the University of Victoria auditorium, certificates, grad t-shirts, grad activities and prizes, caps and gowns, and programs for the ceremony in June.
- Cost: $90
- This amount covers the cost of the rental of the Inn at Laurel Point, dinner and entertainment.