Due to orders from the Provincial Public Health Office all regularly scheduled grad activities have been altered. Please refer to the Grad 2020 google classroom for details.
Update May 28: Please read the two important items below relating to grad.
1. Important reminder that if you wish to participate in the grad recognition activity we need to know you are coming. Please read the document and fill out the form by Noon on Friday, May 29th. (You must be logged into your sd61learn account to access the google form). We will only schedule enough sessions for the amount of people that sign up. All those who register will receive a follow up email next week confirming your date and time.
Grad Recognition Activity Registration Form (You must be logged into sd61learn account)
- Important: Digital Consent for the Grad Video must be completed by Thursday June 4th to allow their image to be used in the digital grad recognition video. Student photos will be removed from the slide show if consent is not given.Students need to login to the portal using the username and password they would normally use to access an SD61 computer in a school lab.
Note: this is not your SD61Learn login that you would use on a Chromebook
Below is a video tutorial on this process and the link to complete the consent…again please do so before June 4th. This is not a flexible date as the video production company is on a strict timeline.
Below is a video tutorial to guide you through this process and the link to the consent portal.
Dogwood Diploma – at a glance:
The B.C. Certificate of Graduation or “Dogwood Diploma” is awarded to students who successfully complete the provincial graduation requirements.
Students require a minimum of 80 credits to graduate.
Of these 80 credits:
- At least 16 credits must be at the Grade 12 level, including a required Language Arts 12
- At least 28 credits must be elective course credits
- 52 credits are required from the following:
- Career-Life Education (4 credits), and Career-Life Connections (4 credits)
- Physical and Health Education 10 (4 credits)
- Science 10 (4 credits), and a Science 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- Social Studies 10 (4 credits), and a Social Studies 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- A Math 10 (4 credits), and a Math 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- A Language Arts 10, 11 and a required 12 (12 credits total)
- An Arts Education 10, 11, or 12 and/or an Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies 10, 11, or 12 (4 credits total)
In addition, students must also complete three new graduation assessments:
- The new Grade 10 Graduation Numeracy Assessment was introduced in 2018
- The new Grade 10 Graduation Literacy Assessment will be introduced in 2019/20
- The New Grade 12 Graduation Literacy Assessment will be introduced in 2020/21
Note on Language Arts 12 exams: Students graduating in the 2018/19 school year will not write a literacy assessment. They will write the course-based Language Arts 12 provincial exam.
Note on Career Life Education: For 2018/19, the following career education courses will be used in all BC schools:
- Career Life Education
- Graduation Transitions
For 2019/20 and beyond, the following career education courses will be used in all BC schools:
- Career Life Education
- Career Life Connections
Students on the B.C. Graduation Program will be able to meet the career education graduation requirement with any of the following combinations:
- Planning 10/Graduation Transitions
- Planning 10/Career Life Connections
- Career Life Education/Graduation Transitions
- Career Life Education/Career Life Connections
Grad 2020 Dates:
GRAD 2020 Winter Formal Dinner & Dance
Thursday December 19th – 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm @The BEACH HOUSE
Tickets are $60 – on sale now through school cash online or in the office – guest forms available now
Grad Photos: December 10-13
Grad Winter Formal
Location: The Beach House: http://www.beachhousevictoria.com/
Date: Thursday, December 19th
- Must be in good standing to attend!
- Guest forms must be completed: Due Back by December 6th for approval
- Payments can be made via the online payment method on the school website. $60.00
- You can sign up in the office for a table with your friends starting on Monday, December 10th after everyone in your group has paid.