Dogwood Diploma – at a glance:
The B.C. Certificate of Graduation or “Dogwood Diploma” is awarded to students who successfully complete the provincial graduation requirements.
Students require a minimum of 80 credits to graduate.
Of these 80 credits:
- At least 16 credits must be at the Grade 12 level, including a required Language Arts 12
- At least 28 credits must be elective course credits
- 52 credits are required from the following:
- Career-Life Education (4 credits), and Career-Life Connections (4 credits)
- Physical and Health Education 10 (4 credits)
- Science 10 (4 credits), and a Science 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- Social Studies 10 (4 credits), and a Social Studies 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- A Math 10 (4 credits), and a Math 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- A Language Arts 10, 11 and a required 12 (12 credits total)
- An Arts Education 10, 11, or 12 and/or an Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies 10, 11, or 12 (4 credits total)
In addition, students must also complete three new graduation assessments:
- The new Grade 10 Graduation Numeracy Assessment was introduced in 2018
- The new Grade 10 Graduation Literacy Assessment will be introduced in 2019/20
- The New Grade 12 Graduation Literacy Assessment will be introduced in 2020/21
Note on Career Life Education: For 2018/19, the following career education courses will be used in all BC schools:
- Career Life Education
- Graduation Transitions
For 2019/20 and beyond, the following career education courses will be used in all BC schools:
- Career Life Education
- Career Life Connections
Students on the B.C. Graduation Program will be able to meet the career education graduation requirement with any of the following combinations:
- Planning 10/Graduation Transitions
- Planning 10/Career Life Connections
- Career Life Education/Graduation Transitions
- Career Life Education/Career Life Connections
Grad 2021 Dates and Information
GRAD 2020 Winter Formal Dinner & Dance
TBA – 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm @The BEACH HOUSE
Tickets are $60 – on sale in the fall through school cash online or in the office – guest forms available prior to the event
Grad Photos: December 14-18 2020
Grad Winter Formal
Location: The Beach House: http://www.beachhousevictoria.com/
- Must be in good standing to attend!
- Guest forms must be completed and turned into Administration for approval
- Payments can be made via the online payment method on the school website. $60.00
- You can sign up in the office for a table with your friends a week before the event after everyone in your group has paid.
Grad 2021 Checklist (This link will be live early 2021)
Date: Friday, June 4, 2021
- All students participating in the ceremony must attend the rehearsal at UVic Auditorium from 8:45am to 1:00pm. NO EXCEPTIONS (Grads should wear their T-Shirt to the rehearsal)
- 5:45: All grads must arrive at UVIC auditorium. Arrive earlier if you intend to take your own photos with friends and family
- 6:00: The class group photo is taken on the hill behind the auditorium.
- 6:35: Grads line up for processional into the auditorium
- 6:35-6:55: Families and Guests seated for the ceremony.
- 7:00 Ceremony begins
- 9:00: Approximate ending
University Centre Farquhar Auditorium
3800 Finnerty Road
Victoria BC V8P 5C2
Tickets: Tickets are available through school cash online (All tickets are $7.50 each) or in person with Mrs Bourassa in the main office starting mid April.
UVic will contact ticket purchasers via email with seat assignments.
Families may order a DVD copy of the ceremony here: Best Color Video Order Form: E_Order_Form_LH_2018
All of the following links will be live early 2021.
- >>>Grad Checklist<<< Click here to view a list of all grad related dates and information
- >>>Grad Ceremony Student Input<<< Click here to have a voice in your grad ceremony
- >>>Vote Here<<< You must be logged into your sd61learn account. Voting closes : TBA
- >>>Grad Ceremony Write-Ups<< Click to access information and submit a write up to be read as you cross the stage at the ceremony. You will only need to complete this if you intend on participating in the ceremony. Link to more information on the write up
All grads must know which line they are in for the ceremony: >>>Click Here<<<
- 6:00-6:15 Students arrive and check in at the Laurel Point Inn. Please note all bags and purses will be checked upon entry and there is no re-entry to the event after a student leaves.
- 6:30 Dinner
- 7:15 Music, Dancing, Pictures, Socializing, Photobooth
There are no Lambrick Park sanctioned after grad activities scheduled beyond the 10:00 pm ending of the banquet.
Inn at Laurel Point
680 Montreal Street
Tickets: $90 Available for purchase: TBA
Guests: Guest Forms will be available through the office
Grads may sign up for specific table seating after they have paid at lunch in the school foyer from: TBA . Students may only sign up for themselves and their guest.
- Cost: $65
- This amount covers the cost of the rental of the University of Victoria auditorium, certificates, grad t-shirts, grad activities and prizes, caps and gowns, and programs for the ceremony in June.
- Cost: $90
- This amount covers the cost of the rental of the Inn at Laurel Point, dinner and entertainment.