Dogwood Diploma – at a glance:
>>>Ministry of Education Graduation Information<<<
The B.C. Certificate of Graduation or “Dogwood Diploma” is awarded to students who successfully complete the provincial graduation requirements.
Students require a minimum of 80 credits to graduate.
Of these 80 credits:
- At least 16 credits must be at the Grade 12 level, including a required Language Arts 12
- At least 28 credits must be elective course credits
- 52 credits are required from the following:
- Career-Life Education (4 credits), and Career-Life Connections (4 credits)
- Physical and Health Education 10 (4 credits)
- Science 10 (4 credits), and a Science 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- Social Studies 10 (4 credits), and a Social Studies 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- A Math 10 (4 credits), and a Math 11 or 12 (4 credits)
- A Language Arts 10, 11 and a required 12 (12 credits total)
- An Arts Education 10, 11, or 12 and/or an Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies 10, 11, or 12 (4 credits total)
In addition, students must also complete three new graduation assessments:
- The new Grade 10 Graduation Numeracy Assessment was introduced in 2018
- The new Grade 10 Graduation Literacy Assessment will be introduced in 2019/20
- The New Grade 12 Graduation Literacy Assessment will be introduced in 2020/21 (Grade 12’s are exempt from writing this assessment for the 2020/21 School year)
For 2019/20 and beyond, the following career education courses will be used in all BC schools:
- Career Life Education
- Career Life Connections
Upcoming Provincial Graduation Assessments:
You need to write the 3 Graduation Assessments in order to graduate from BC. Please see schedule for upcoming Assessment information:
- If in an English 12 class this semester, you will automatically be scheduled to write Literacy 12 in this session (April).
- For practice and more information, visit this site.
- If you have not written either Literacy 10 or Numeracy 10, please let Mr. MacDonald or Ms. Sloboda know and we will register you for the June Graduation Assessment session.
Grad 2023 Dates and Information:
CAP/GOWN and SOUVENIR T-SHIRTS:
Cap /Gown and Souvenir T-Shirts are available to order in School Cash on Line. Deadline THURSDAY MARCH 30, 2023
Grad Convocation Ceremony at UVic
Lambrick Graduation Held at the University of Victoria – Uvic Farquhar Auditorium
June 7th 2023 – 7:00 – 9:00
Rehearsal: UVic Farquhar Auditorium at 8:45am
Anyone participating in the ceremony must attend the rehearsal (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Cap and gown not required for rehearsal
Meet in the lobby of UVic Farquhar Auditorium at 8:45am
Paid Parking at UVic (Consider carpooling and buying a day pass)
No food or drinks in the auditorium (closed water bottles acceptable)
We are guests. Treat the facility and staff with respect
This is a formal event.
Know where you are in the ”two lines”. Which line and who is in front and behind you.
We will rehearse:
walking into the auditorium in order and getting to your seats
walking to the stage in the correct order
walking across the stage and back to your seats in the proper order
moving through the program for the MC’s
After this most will be able to leave
Grad Song Rehearsal
Keynote speaker rehearsal.
All students back to UVic at 5:30 wearing cap and gown
Move to the lawn behind the auditorium for the class photo (Families may take photos at this time)
Organize into the two lines outside the back of the auditorium at 6:45
Ceremony begins at 7:00
Tickets for the ceremony will be available for purchase in the spring through school cash online.
Watch the Live Stream of the Graduation Ceremony
This Stream Will Begin At 7:00pm on June 7th.
WATCH IT HERE
June 28th 6:00-10:00
The Beach House
All students attending must sign up for a table
Sign up list available on Monday, June 12th
Arrive between 6:00 and 6:30 at the latest
Each person will be checked in at the door
Bags and purses are subject to search
There is no re-entry. Once you leave you can not return
Anyone suspected of being under the influence will not be admitted and no refund will be provided
Grads are responsible for the behavior of their guests