This June 2018 all Lambrick Park grade 11 students will have the opportunity to participate in the Numeracy Assessment.
This assessment is a requirement for graduation.
- The Numeracy Assessment is a new provincial assessment and a graduation requirement for students on the 2018 Graduation Program (all students except for this year’s Grade 12s).
- Students will write the assessment during their graduation years (Grades 10–12) at the most appropriate time for them. The assessment sessions start in June 2018.
- Unlike the retired Mathematics 10 Provincial Exams, the Numeracy Assessment is not tied to a specific math course. Rather, it evaluates a student’s numeracy skills developed over the course of their education.
- Results will be reported using a four category proficiency scale and will appear on a student’s transcript as a number, representing one of the four categories (emerging-developing-proficient-extending).
- Students will have two opportunities to rewrite during their graduation years should they wish to increase their proficiency. Results will appear on Student Transcripts and their best outcome will be recorded on their final transcript.
- Universities and Employers may be interested in a student’s assessment results, as evidence of their achievement in numeracy.
Numeracy Sample Assessment Grad_Numeracy_Sample_Assessment
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP FOR THIS ASSESSMENT IS MAY 14
***Requires Sign in to SD61learn account